TRENDING TOPICS: Celebrity Crime Economy NHS Transport Weather

Man killed by train at Guildford railway station after fight; 3 men arrested

Written on:April 1, 2023
Add One

The dead 22-year-old man, Ryan Harrison, had become trapped between the carriages and the platform

A 22-year-old man’s death at Guildford railway station, due to being struck by a train following a fracas, has resulted in the arrests of three males on the suspicion of having caused that death. The 22-year-old man named Ryan Harrison, who hailed from Woking in Surrey, was with a chum at Guildford railway station at 11.40 pm on Saturday when he became entangled in an altercation that involved numerous other males, as per the police. The man was killed by a train briefly after the confrontation.

Paramedical personnel arrived at the scene but the Surrey man was pronounced dead on the spot. Two 19-year-old males from Guildford were detained at the scene while a third male, from Cranleigh, handed himself in at a Guildford police station later.

Responding to the Guildford railway station death, the Detective Chief Inspector Iain Miller has remarked that their thoughts are very much with the dead male’s family at this mournful time for them. As per the Detective Chief Inspector, subsequent to the Guildford railway station death, the station was barricaded until the early hours of Sunday morning while the forensic specialists administered a complete search of the area. His investigative squad is functioning to ascertain the complete circumstances surrounding the death.

The Guildford railway station death is currently being treated as suspicious. The three arrested men are presently being interrogated by the detectives.

The Detective Chief Inspector Iain Miller has informed that the investigators would see whether the Guildford railway station death was captured by CCTV cameras. Bystanders, who witnessed the altercation, should come to the police personnel to report the sequence of events, which led to the tragic death of the 22-year-old man.

Ryan Harrison either fell or was thrown on to the railway track next to a train waiting at the platform. Harrison had become trapped between the carriages and the platform and was killed as the railway train pulled away from the Guildford railway station. Reports indicating that Ryan Harrison may have been knifed during the fracas are supposed to be unfounded.

Win a tastecard membership – 50% off your bill for a whole year!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>